Saturday, July 19, 2008


Where is this eagle? At the Minneapolis Convention Center park. This is an original artifact from the 1927 auditorium - there were originally four posts which had inscriptions relating to citizenship that were located on the four corners of the auditorium. Two of the eagles currently reside at the park entrance from 2nd Avenue and the other two are across the street from the Convention Center entrance. There is a small sign that explains the history near this statue. It had me thinking as to the year the convention center was built - that would be 1991. I didn't get to Minneapolis much growing up, as I lived in St. Paul so I don't remember the auditorium. I do remember the St. Paul Civic Center and some of the events there in the adjoining auditorium.

No comments: